Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Scary Dream...

Okay, first of all, let me say that I don't normally have nightmares. I can't actually recall ever having a nightmare or even a really bad dream where I wasn't sure I'd eventually be safe within the dream. Until last night.
It was still an odd dream, but there were of course some major points that were similar to things in my waking life.
I was at my work building, but there were classes there too and the structure was the same, but there were more open spaces and the cubicles weren't the same in placement or design. Sooooooo, at work, and we get information that someone is coming to the building to kill everyone, you know with the guns and everything like at the post office on the news when I was a kid and so many other places and and times since then. The difference of course that there was warning in this dream case. Soooo in the dream we were all finding hiding places and we knew his truck and saw it pull up. I didn't find a place that made me feel secure, but moved around keeping an eye on him as he was approaching the building. He, by the way, looked like another well known domestic terrorist who hit close to home. I found several problems with each hiding place option never finding the perfect one. This one actually scared me enough that I woke up at 3:30 in the morning. I was shaken enough that I seriously contemplated calling in sick to work. I played on the computer and got my mind on other things and got back to sleep. I did go into work today, and so far so good. :) The funny thing is that when I got back to sleep in my next dream there was someone trying to get in the door of a hotel room where I was staying, and the door wouldn't lock, but the werewolf like monster was not nearly as scary as the monster in my first dream. Hehe. I don't think it was the subject matter of the filming from the night before, but maybe it was the bologna sandwich with BBQ chips that caused the weird dreams. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment